Thursday, December 20, 2007

Farmhouse Facelift Finale, Part 1







We couldn't be more thrilled and thankful about our house. It is perfect. I have finally successfully taken and posted pictures of the house. The pictures really don't do it justice. You need to come out and see it in real life (hint, hint:). We can't wait to have sweet family and friends come out to visit us (hint, hint:).

We love that this is the original farmhouse out here on the property and tried our darnedest to keep with the farmhouse style. It is unreal to think that this is the same exact house with just a different use of square footage. We didn't add any additions- just reconfigured the space and made it more user friendly for our family. The house went from 2 bedrooms & 3 bathrooms to 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.

There is so much room! I haven't even filled up the closets or bathroom drawers and shelves....which will come in handy raising girls in this house.

This is part one of two parts. I will post pictures of our bedroom, Laney Rae's room, and the exterior later. But, there were SOOOOO many pictures of just these rooms.

Our Living Room








And what is behind those doors......but an office of course. A messy one! We used our old doors to make a partition.



The girl's bathroom!



The Kitchen.....my favorite room and where I spend most of my time! It is so fun being in this kitchen.



Farmhouse sink.



Butcher Block counter tops with a beaded board back splash.





Our Kitchen Island and where we eat most of our meals.







Dining Room





KK's room....schoolhouse-themed (duh, ya think????)









KK's Reading Wagon




Our Christmas Tree and Decor







More pictures to come later of the rest of the house!

12 comments:

Garratts said...

Whoo Hoo! Those were great.

Oh my gosh KK's room is the cutest I have ever seen. I bet she never leaves it.

Thanks for the pics. Can't wait to see the rest.

Ash

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Thanks Ash! I knew I could count on you to comment first:).

Love ya!

Ryan Price said...

Wow... you guys have really made a nice place!

Anonymous said...

Lyns! Your house is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to come out and see it in person! That kitchen is AMAZING! I'm so happy for you guys..you have the house of your dreams!
Love you!
Larra

Kirby said...

Lyns! I love the house! I cannot wait to see it in person, too! I feel like I was looking at a Country Home magazine...and then Pottery Barn when I was looking at KK's!

texasmcvays said...

Love it!
You know I love the bead board! We've gotta have it too...and the cup hold pulls we have in the kitchen and bathroom. I love all the red. Your house is beautiful it looks so cozy, warm and inviting. You know I love the reading wagon...that may pop up over here! I can't wait to see it on New Years!
Merry Christmas
Kyle

Jennifer Bacak said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see it! Thanks for the pics. My favorite is the farm kitchen sink!
jenn

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Merry Christmas in your new home.

The Mosiers said...

Love It!!!! I can't wait to see it in person!

mimi said...

Lyns,
I love your home. Thanks for posting pictures. I'm always asking Judy about you, your family and the farm, plus I always read your blog even though you think only 4 people read it! Your pictures of your family are so cute (on the previous entry). So add me to your list of blog readers!
Mimi (Judy's mom)

Sarah Shalley said...

So, so adorable! I can't wait to come hang out! Yay that you were in it for Chritmas. Merry Christmas to ya'll!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Such a cozy home that will be filled with the warmest memories over the years.

Enjoyed the photos. You are such a very blessed family.