Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Brooder House Beauty



I had some precious girlfriends come and visit me over the weekend. We had an absolute blast catching up and having a grown-up slumber party!

While they were here, I snapped some of my friend's baby girl out by our brooder house. Kaylyn waited patiently (mostly) while we had a photo shoot.

But, then it was her turn. I think I click the shutter button a total of 3 times. Two of the three worked so well, I think I'll frame one. And to think I was just 'pacifying' her!

Obviously we weren't dressed for a photo session nor was her hair fixed. But, that is the beauty of these photographs to me as a mommy. This is Kaylyn as I see her everyday out here on the farm.

Oh, and the brooder house and barn are in the process of getting a face lift these next few weeks. I will post more pictures on that process as it takes shape. Our beautification project continues!


10 comments:

Angela said...

Adorable photos! I think I will fly down south to have you "shoot" my kids!

QuiltedSimple said...

Oh she is so beautiful in these photos - you do an awesome job!
Kris

Hendrick Family said...

I LOVE these pictures!! You are such a great photographer, and she's so beautiful...GREAT combination!

Honey

Sarah Shalley said...

she is so beautiful! i know ya'll have been busy, but i've been missing the farm blog updates [jason too]. glad to see your pretty girl. :) can't wait to come visit you -- we don't have to slumber! haha.

Anonymous said...

these pics are great...this is our kaylyn grace...her sweet smile shows her beauty "inside" and out..so proud to sit there pretty for her wonderful mommy to snap her photo...enjoy all these wonderful times...they will grow up too fast and you will have all these precious memories in photos...just do better than me and put them in photo albums...i have great memories in pictures ...but you know how they are...in boxes...love you mom

The Vann's said...

She is gorgeous. The pictures are great!

Funky Junk Designs said...

What a sweet little girls you guys have! We went to school with Jason. My husband, Danny and him were in the same class and I was a few classes under them. Anyway I found yalls blog somehow and have enjoyed reading it-but figured I needed to introduce myself to you so I wouldn't feel like some wierd-o blog stalker! So, anyway I am Karen! Oh and I have checked out your photography blog and love your pictures too!

Marcus and Meg Asby said...

What a great photo! Your precious daughter in that blue chair and the contrast against the background . . . gorgeous.

I would LOVE to take the photoshop class, but I probably can't afford the tuition plus gas money. Maybe after med school. For now I'm going to keep browsing free tutorials and sift through the manual Marcus bought for me.

(It makes me feel so cool that you look at my blog, by the way.)

nick and taylor said...

lynsey! it's taylor mcnab engel. i have lo-oved getting to read about your sweet farm life via your blog! you are precious and so if your sweet family. i'm thrilled for you.

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Oh my goodness Taylor! How are you??? I looked to see if you have a blog and sadly you don't!

I hope you guys are doing well!

Love,
Lyns
p.s. Keep in touch!