Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ruthie's 1/2 birthday




(taken by the insanely talented Ryan Price of Ryan Price Photography.....check him out)

Ruthie's 1/2 birthday came and went over the Thanksgiving holiday.

It's hard to believe she has been in our arms for 6 months because it feel like she has been here forever.

She is nothing but sweet- such a cuddly happy girl. I could count on one hand the number of times she cries in a day.

Even a cold and horrible cough wouldn't bring her spirits down.

I'm really treasuring every moment I have with her during this first year of life.....those pre-mobile days. I often find myself just sitting with her in my rocking chair and cuddling.

I've sang all of my girls this lullaby- heard in Dumbo, Beaches, and also sang by Allison Krauss (love this version the best).

My heart leaps hearing my older girls sing it to Ruthie, which is quite often around here. Not because she is crying, but just out of the blue.

Baby Mine

Baby mine, don't you cry.
Baby mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your head close to my heart,
never to part,
baby of mine.

Little one when you play,
don't you mind what they say.
Let those eyes sparkle and shine,
never a tear,
baby of mine.

If they knew sweet little you
they'd end up loving you two.
All of those people who scold you
what they'd give just for the right to hold you.

From your head down to your toes,
you're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
sweet as can be,
baby of mine.

If they knew sweet little you,
they'd end up loving you too.
All those same people who scold you,
what they'd give just for the right to hold you.

From your head down to your toes
you're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
sweet as can be,
baby of mine.
Baby of mine

9 comments:

mandi said...

love that picture!

that is one of my favorite lullabies too...

***sigh***

Grace @ Ruby Moon Designs said...

Precious baby girl!

-Grace

Heather said...

So adorable!! She really is the sweetest baby, but then again all of your girls are sweet. It's because they have an awesome mama!

Cottage Dreamers said...

I love that song too! Thanks for printing the words. Seeing mom and dad's hands wrapped together around their baby is just precious!!! She's a cutie!

Holly Mathis Interiors said...

ok i have never heard that song but i love allison krause so i will have to check it out.,

LOVE LOVE that picture, she really is the sweetest baby,,i've said it before..she has the sweetest eyes and just a loving, sweet face and expressions..gonna cry i love her so much!

Practically Ava said...

LOVE that picture and LOVE that sweet little baby! I enjoyed getting to cuddle with her the other night!
Love
Tia

Judy said...

So sweet Lyns! I can't wait to see more pictures that Ryan took.Thanks for sharing the song too!
Love you!

Missy Robinson said...

you know I am going to ask for my own copies of all these pics! heeheehee
i am like grandma sandy... i cried when i read the lullaby.
love ya'll.
missy

Anonymous said...

yes, my friend missy, for sure grandma is right with you on the tears just a rollin'down my cheeks- truly a blessing from our GOD.. already 6 mths..hold her all you can sweet daughter because they do grow up fast..love that lullaby from beaches by bett midler.. all should here that version..awesome love to all mom..grandma