Monday, January 21, 2008

When life hands you 'who dos'.......



I'm ready for the 'who do' drama to be a distant memory so that is the reason for a new post. Thanks for the uplifting words everyone!

I had several encounters with people from church who all dig my new hair....or lack there of. So, now I feel like a big drama queen for nothing. It looks like Kaylyn may get this trait from me after all. Pray for the drama to cease for both of us- first with me since she is obviously watching and imitating- yikes! But, that is another story.

After the initial shock, I'm liking my 'who do' more and more. Even though, I'm not backing down on the fact that it resembles nothing of what I asked for. My ex-stylist of one day still gets a big fat F- from me. And since my hair grows at a ridiculously slow pace, I'm thinking the style I was going for will be here in about a years time.

I really almost swore off haircuts completely- as in never ever again. Wouldn't my hubby like that step in the direction of the Amish people?!?! But, I just can't do it. My quest for cute haircuts will prevail. I will continue my search thanks to a few kind words from some local gals here in Brenham.

We all know that every farmer's wife needs a cute haircut, right? Not! But, I plan on breaking the mold a bit.

When life hands you 'who dos', bake some bread!

Random, very random. But, I had to tie these two together somehow. Bare with me!

I was given this awesome recipe from a friend and fellow blogger, Rachel (thank you!!!). And I can't quit baking it. Really, the term 'baking' is somewhat shameful to use. It should be more like 'pouring' since I pretty much pour it into the bread machine and it does all the work. Kaylyn thinks it is magic. I have to admit that I do to!

I thought my search for the perfect bread recipe would be never ending. But, it came to a quick halt after one whiff and taste of this carbo-rama!

You will notice that it doesn't have a ton of ingredients in it, which is just the way we like things around here. It has passed hubby and kiddo approval. I can't make this bread fast enough!

The recipe is from Hillbilly Housewife (how fitting, right?).

Whole Wheat Bread
  • 1-2/3 cups warm tap water
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoon salt
  • 4-2/3 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Measure the ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed. Make a well in the flour and sprinkle the yeast into it. Set the machine to it's Whole Wheat Cycle. On my machine this lasts for 3 hours and 40 minutes. Press Start, and let the machine work it's magic. Remove the cooked bread from the pan after baking and allow it to cool before slicing.

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy making bread is. Especially with this amazing bread machine..........



And my incredible little helper...........



KK has helped me measure all of the ingredients for each and every loaf thus far. She gets super excited when I tell her it is time to bake bread.

Another favorite thing of ours lately is using our wonderful coffee press we acquired from Heather (thanks!!) over the holidays. Coffee has taken on a whole new form in the Kramer home. Not only is this contraption simple to use and requires nothing but coffee and hot water, the coffee tastes incredible! I'm all about simplistic low maintenance kitchen gagdets....can you tell?

I look even more forward to my morning (and afternoon:) cup of coffee if that is even possible.

4 comments:

Kramer said...

Babe,

You are a super hot way too cool for me woman. Thanks for taking care of our girls the way you do and teaching them the lost art of being women and mothers. I love you very much and am the most blessed man on earth to get to live this life with you. You rock.

Hubs

Rachel said...

I'm so glad that recipe works for you! We really like it around here--Josiah asks for it all day long if he can see it on the counter! That's a fancy-pants looking bread machine you have, too.

Jennifer Bacak said...

I"ll give it a whirl.
I LOVE my bread machine,
and I LOVE coffee!
jenn

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy for my tummy..any time sweetie you can bread me a sample...anytime...and what a fine little helper you have...thanks for teaching at such a young age on how to be a great helper...keep up the good work...won't be long laney rae will be in there also...oh what fun it will be...love ya'll lot's...momma