Saturday, June 21, 2008
Happy Hopscotch Batman!Category: Lynsey's Randomness
Author: 5 Chicks and a Farmer
This is Yonder Way Farm's 101st post. Hip hip hooray!
Wow! Time flies by. When I started this here blog on May 31st, 2007, I had no idea I would keep up with it enough to have 101 posts under my belt.
I entered the blogging world innocently as a lurker and blog stalker. For months I'd bounce around from blog to blog reading the latest and greatest in other's lives- always a spectator, never a participator.
Then, one day I realized this could be an in genius way of **scrapbooking** the life of my family without ever getting out paper, scissors, and tape. Sweet! And I also thought that it would be so neat to watch the farm take shape and look back on previous posts of what we were doing last year.
Here is a list of things I've learned from the blogging world:
- No ONE blogs on the weekends........according to my site meter.
- You can be friends with someone you've never officially met in person.
- There are some stinkin' creative, funny, deep, and wonderful people in this world that the Lord has truly gifted.
- Everyone has a story to tell and anyone can have a blog. ANYONE.....so stop lurking and start typing!
- In order to have a blog that thousands upon thousands visit, you MUST have multiple big-wig sponsors. I soon discovered this hard truth after wondering why week after week my average amount of daily visitors were 50.......and I'm thankful for each of you.
- Subscribe, subscribe, subscribe. It will save you time!
- Some bloggers change their blog addresses and layouts as much as they change their underwear.
- Some bloggers expect their blog to update themselves- an ongoing joke in our home.
- Blogging is fun!
I thought we'd celebrate with some photos of the girls hopscotching in the driveway yesterday.
**I came across an amazing feature on a website. The website is www.blurb.com and they have BLOG BOOKS. They print your blog and turn it into a nice looking book. It includes your words and photos in an extremely nice looking layout. This appealed to me. Although I haven't tried it, I'm thinking that when I have a few extra bucks saved up, I will print last years posts and give it a whirl. If you have printed your blog with a company, I want to hear from you. Which ones do you like or have you heard of?**