Thursday, March 13, 2008

I've been tagged!




I’ve been tagged!

I am the first to admit that every single blog that I visit that has been tagged, I read every single answer- even if I don’t know who they are. I’m intrigued by tags for some reason.

So, I was pretty excited when my precious friend, Larra, tagged me.

Here it goes!

Where was I ten years ago?

Ten years ago I was a junior in high school. I can’t believe how much my life has changed. I was an avid volleyball player playing every chance I could. I played club so that meant during this time (off-season), I was traveling all over the nation playing in all sorts of states. It is pretty funny because one of the girls I played on went on to play for the Olympics and several others went to play at top colleges around the nation.

I thought high school was all there was to life. Boy was I completely wrong! I was the typical selfish teenager who neglected things in life that mattered and embraced things that DIDN’T matter.

I could go on for days on a high school tangent, but I’ll spare you the grief of reading it. I think you get the drift!

Things on my to-do list today. (Jason is working in Houston today):

- Represent Christ to my family (the task of all tasks)
- Feed chickens
- Feed pigs
- Gather eggs, twice
- Move cows to next paddock
- Put hay compost in the garden
- Make detergent
- Tackle Laundry- this will be some kind of scary!
- Play dodge ball and smack some folks upside the head!

What would I do if I suddenly became a billionaire?


I would give lots to our church (Living Hope) and future churches that spring forth from this amazing body of believers, give to some other ministries out there that I wholeheartedly believe in, pay off the farm, Jason would get to be a full-time farmer, take an amazing family vacation somewhere incredible, buy more land somewhere in Washington County for some more cows (Jason would want me to do this☺), buy some more cows (Jason would want me to do this too ☺), add on a some more bedrooms to our house, adopt lots of babies, buy a new car that doesn’t run on diesel cause it be killin’ us, wow- I’m sure there is more, that is all I can think of now. I know I still have like ½ a billion left to spend or something like that.

What are 3 of my bad habits?

1. I don’t eat breakfast- ever! I love breakfast, just not at breakfast. I guzzle 2 to 3 cups of coffee down instead. That should be sufficient to get me going, right?

2. I don’t exercise. This, in my opinion, is a pretty bad habit.

3. I LOVE chili dogs, nachos, pizza, and coke- pretty much anything sold at a concession stand. Our roles in the food area are sooo reversed. I’m so thankful to be married to a health nut or else I’d be gigantic.

(Um, these 3 bad habits are depressing me.)

Five jobs I’ve had:

1. I pressure washed trucks with my dad on weekends until I was old enough to get a job- legally. This was super hard!

2. Jason’s Deli as a sandwich artist for 3 years.

3. Sold gym memberships for The Q Sports Club in Arlington

4. Vet Tech for 3 years in Nacogdoches

5. Waitress at Papasitios for one week- AWFUL! My first day of work I spilled a tray full of drinks all over this nicely dressed business lady. I wanted to DIE!

Five things you don’t know about me:

1. Dennis Rodman is my “cousin”. I say this loosely mainly because he was raised by my aunt and uncle in Bochita, OK while he was in college playing basketball. There was a time where he came to our family reunions and he is still pretty close with my family. Isn’t this hilarious? It just sounds funny to say I’m related to Dennis Rodman- an exaggeration, but nonetheless fun in a twisted kind of way!

2. I hate mayonnaise and miracle whip. I had an awful experience with these in elementary school that shall remain unspoken in the blog world. I will gladly tell you in person though! I won’t touch it, wash a utensil with it on it, or even keep them in my own fridge. This didn’t work in my favor being a sandwich artist in high school.

3. I have a knife phobia. This is a little morbid. If I see a knife laying out on the counter, my brain immediately takes me to a picture of it stabbing me……in the stomach. Sick! I know your opinions of me probably just went way down. Sorry!

4. I love to sleep. I can sleep with the best of them. But, being a mommy of two and farmer’s wife, these days are few in far between. I used to sleep until noon sometimes when I was in high school and when we first got married.

5. I love to watch reality shows. They are my favorite. I’m going into reality withdrawals since we no longer have cable. We do get Fox so my American Idol ‘fix’ happens twice a week. But, my life is definitely more productive now.

I now TAG my sister Kayla, Shauna, Kyle, Steph C, Kris.


(BTW.....I'm in desperate need to update my links. Stay tuned.)

7 comments:

Sarah Shalley said...

I love you! Glad to learn more about you.

Kramer said...

I love everything about you. Thanks for being so unique.

Hubby

Heidi said...

I had fun getting to know you. ;-)

Jennifer Bacak said...

One day I'm going to put feed chickens and feed pigs on my whiteboard under to do list. That just sounds awesome.
jenn

QuiltedSimple said...

Thanks Lynsey!!! It's been so good getting to know you and see your families lives!!

Kris

Anonymous said...

HAA!! The Q... freakin hilarious.

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

I knew you'd get a kick out that one D.O.! It cracks me up as well. Good ole' Q.....right across the street from the good ole' Parks Mall. Good times!