Monday, March 31, 2008

Laney Rae Eats Cake......



a whole entire cake at that!

We had a small birthday cake for Laney Rae yesterday to celebrate the actual day of her birthday. Her party is next week. My family came out to help us celebrate this special day.

This girl can eat! We went to a 50s diner for lunch at the Brenham Airport.....which is excellent by the way. People fly from all over to go there and eat a hamburger and french fries. Laney Rae had half of a hamburger and french fries and then she devoured her entire cake that we bought her.

Sometimes I worry about how much this girl can put away. But, its not like we feed her hamburgers, fries, and cake every single day. She eats very healthy the majority of the time. When she eats bananas, she eats 1.5 of them- KK eats the other .5. When she eats blueberry muffins, she eats two of them. You get the drift. The girl can eat!

I went with white cake and white icing. I'm sure glad that I did. It was everywhere.

Here are some photos from yesterday.
My mom bought her this birthday girl hat! How cute!





"I'd eat this hat too if I hadn't already eaten a whole cake!"


A kiss for the birthday girl!


Mommy & Daddy

My dad & mom....a.k.a. Pops and Grandma


Papa- my grandfather, their great-grandfather......This man is precious! He adores my girls.


My sister, my bro-in-law, & niece Ava......a.k.a. Tia & Tio


Cousins....this is the only picture we've been able to accomplish them all sitting still and smiling. This required 4 grown adults to make ridiculous faces and act like total goof balls.

8 comments:

Kramer said...

Thats my Gerber Baby. Oh how fast 1 flew by. I wish she would slow down and we could pause this next year for a while. I love you Laney Rae.

Sarah Shalley said...

So adorable. I know she'll take on some of your traits later, but man-oh-man, she looks like Jason. Looks like a really fun party. The picture of all three girls is precious. I love cousing pics...they'll cherish that when they are my age. Love ya'll and your babies.

QuiltedSimple said...

What a cutie - at least she is putting away healthy foods when she shovels it in. The cake pictures and cousin picture are very cute. Hope you had a good day with her!!!
Kris

The Mosiers said...

So precious! I love those cake pictures! Looks like Laney Rae had a fantastic birthday. I can't believe she is already a year old! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Oh how precious it was...very hard to believe she is already 1..the pics are great...treasure them all you can now...cause' as you know with kaylyn..almost 4..the years just fly by...so glad that you are a fantastic picture taker..so grandma can just look back and remember these days...what a truly gift from our GOD Laney Rae Kramer is...love to all grandma

Practically Ava said...

We had so much fun celebrating Laney Rae's 1st Birthday! It is hard to believe she is already ONE! We love this precious girl so much. We are so blessed to be a part of her life and watch her reach new milestones. We love you all! Looking forward to seeing our other precious niece turn FOUR next month!!!
Love
Tia and Tio

Jennifer Bacak said...

The pics are beautiful. Love that Laney Rae! She and Treston could form an eating team!
The cousin pic made me laugh, because we do that with 15 little cousins on the Seay side. Can you imagine? Last year, we took their pictures in shifts and my Mom photo-shopped them together. It's on my fridge. It's pretty funny.
jenn

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Jenn, Wow!

I don't know if I would survive 15 kiddos in one photo session. I have been a glad spectator around here lately. Anywhere that I drive around Brenham, I get to experience parents acting like total goofballs just to get their kiddos to smile in the bluebonnets that are everywhere.

Whataburger even has a field of bluebonnets at it. I was driving by there the other day and there was a dad running around in the field flapping his arms and screaming at the top of his lungs! Ha! It was hilarious. I love that.

Random, but funny!