Friday, March 7, 2008

Lemon Poop: BEWARE!!





You know what they say,"When life hands you lemons......die!"

Okay, this grosses me out on so many different levels.

Mainly because I ALWAYS drink lemon/lime in my water or tea at restaurants. I have even been known to ask for extra lemons when we eat at restaurants.

The other reason it sicks me out is the fact that I'm one of those guilty parents who think it is funny to give their baby/child a lemon and watch their little faces pucker up. For some reason, both of my girls have LOVED lemons. And lemons have saved us from many a meltdowns at restaurants keeping my girls occupied with their sourness.

I just wanted to pass this info along to all of you guys and gals. I couldn't hardly keep it to myself.

And I wanted to type the word 'poop' at some point on my blog.

10 comments:

Judy said...

Girl, I saw this on TV the other morning and wanted to throw up. GROSS! I never ask for lemon, but they always put lemon in my water.

QuiltedSimple said...

Glad you guys got to experience snow in Texas - it's up to my waist here this morning (I'm 5'6"). And the lemon thing - I am guilty of the same things, but I don't think I'll be doing that anymore (wonder if I can take my own?) Our kids love lemons, and they like to steal everyone's and eat them - won't be letting them do that anymore!!
Thanks for sharing,
Kris

BHG & Co. said...

Addison always takes our lemons and devours them!

I saw this news story on a friend's blog. Grossed me out and I am not I am not sensitive about all that hypochondriac stuff.

Sorry, Addison - no more lemons for you!

Anonymous said...

Bill had already told me about this and I couldn't believe it- DISGUSTING!!! I never want lemon in my water, but they often bring it, so last night I made sure to say WITHOUT lemon.
Heather

Hendrick Family said...

Now I'm going to always ask for a diet water without lemon.

That will be fun.

Sarah Shalley said...

Most of the time, the water is GROSS without lemon. I'll probably just keep having gross lemon with gross water. Gross.

Anonymous said...

I will admit, this will not phase me. I will continue to put lemons in my tea, root beer (yes, root beer), Dr. Pepper, and water.

It is saddening, but I'm pretty sure there's germs on everything, everywhere.

Kirby said...

That's so gross...but, I'm with Brandon and Sarah...I think I'll have to continue to drink my water with all the poopy lemons/limes.

Steph said...

I think I have to agree with Brandon. I figure, it hasn't killed me yet, nor do I know anyone who has died from poopy lemons. I think if you think about stuff like that too much, it can kinda take over your life. Like, I also heard that there's more fecal matter in our kitchen sinks than in our toilets...I don't really see how that's possible, but that's what I heard. What do you do, huh? ;)

Kyle said...

EWWWW!!!

Like my sis, I'll probably keep using lemons though.

What if I don't put the peel in my drink? Is that any better?